Welcome to the ASAP of Anderson blog!
ASAP of Anderson is a substance misuse prevention coalition in Clinton, Tennessee. The coalition was formed in 2008, received federal funding in 2010, and since then has been committed to the mission of preventing and reducing substance misuse among youth and adults in Anderson County.
What does ASAP do?
Over the years, you may have seen ASAP of Anderson in schools and around the community. As a part of that, ASAP has contributed to a 53.5% reduction in substance misuse among youth. We know that prevention works, but what does our coalition do?
As part of the ongoing effort to prevent substance misuse, ASAP of Anderson…
- Distributes Narcan to members of the community.
- Provides medication lockboxes for safe storage of medication in the home.
- Provides information on the misuse of substances like alcohol, THC, nicotine, opioids, stimulants, and more.
- Holds monthly coalition meetings for anyone who lives, works or goes to school in Anderson County to get involved.
- Provides information on local statistics and treatment options.
- Involves young people in the prevention effort through the Youth Ambassador Coalition (YAC).
- Presents trainings in the community.
- Creates media campaigns including digital media, radio ads, and television interviews.
- And more!
How do I find out more?
At ASAP of Anderson, we value knowledge, connection, compassion, proactivity and progress. Check back here every other week for new posts. We will be presenting profiles of our ASAP coalition members who are doing good work each and every day in your community as well as frequent reports about what we here at ASAP are up to. Don’t miss our newsletter and follow us @ASAPofAnderson on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram. At ASAP of Anderson, prevention works!