Residents across the county are encouraged to dispose their unused medicine this Saturday at a special, regional Operation Medicine Cabinet. The Oak Ridge Police Department, Clinton Police Department, and Oliver Springs Police Department along with ASAP will host the event as part of a continued effort to reduce drug misuse and practice stewardship toward our environment. From 10 AM until 2 PM this Saturday, October 26, 2013, medication may be dropped off with officers in the parking lots of the locations listed below. All packaging materials will be recycled. No questions asked—no names given.
• The Oak Ridge Police Department, 200 S. Tulane Ave., Oak Ridge
• Food City, 507 S. Charles Seivers Blvd., Clinton
• Food City, 1199 Oak Ridge Turnpike, Oak Ridge
• Food City, 508 E. Tri County Blvd., Oliver Springs
For More Information Call Officer Daniel McFee at 865-556-6696 or ASAP at 865-457-3007.
What we accept for disposal:
• Prescription medications (unwanted, expired, unused)
• Cold and flu medications
• Vitamins/herbal supplements
• Pet medications
• Medication Samples
• Medicated ointments/lotions
• Unused sharps (epinephrine, unused pricking devices)
What we do NOT accept for disposal:
• Business waste
• Used needles and other sharps
Used needles and other sharps should be disposed by placing the sharps/needles in a sealed plastic container and putting that in with your household waste.