The Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services developed a substance use tool guide to help establish best practices for medical professionals.
This tool guide contains information and resources pertaining to substance use disorders. The document aligns with initiatives of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration:
- Increasing awareness and understanding of substance use;
- Promoting the use of best practices for individuals with substance use disorders, including co-occurring disorders;
- Encouraging innovative and improved practice in the field;
- Enhancing capacity that will result in stronger communities; and
- Developing expertise around substance use issues for an array of audiences.
The entire document is available here: Best Practice Tool Guide