Tips for Parents
The links below can help you whether you are just trying to be a proactive parent, if you are worried that your child may be starting to experiment with alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs, or if you know that your child has a substance abuse problem and need to find out how to best help your child and get support for yourself so you can help them navigate throughout that process.
Proactive Parenting Tips
- Positive Parenting Prevents Substance Abuse
- Family Check-Up
- Talk. They Hear You.
- VIDEO – The Sound of Your Voice
- VIDEO – Talking With Your College-Bound Young Adult About Alcohol
Tips for Parents Who Suspect Their Child May be Using
Help for Parents Whose Child has a Problem
- Tennessee Redline | 1-800-889-9789
- Tennessee Tobacco Quitline | 1-800-QUIT NOW
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids – Get one-on-one help.