Tips for Parents
The links below can help whether you are just trying to be a proactive parent, if you are worried that your child may be starting to experiment with alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs, or if you know that your child has a substance use problem. The information below can help you find out how to best support your child and get support for yourself, so you can help them navigate through whatever stage they are in (curiosity, use, treatment, recovery).
Proactive Parenting Tips
- Positive Parenting Prevents Substance Abuse
- Family Check-Up
- Talk. They Hear You.
- VIDEO – The Sound of Your Voice
Tips for Parents Who Suspect Their Child May be Using
Help for Parents Whose Child has or may have Substance Use Disorder
- Tennessee Redline | 1-800-889-9789
- Tennessee Tobacco Quitline | 1-800-QUIT NOW
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids – Get one-on-one help.